Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let it Snow!

The big snow and sleet storm sweeping across two thirds of the country made me thankful once again that I do not live in a place where snow is a common occurrence! I have no memory of it snowing here in Jurupa, but that doesn't mean it never did! When I was collecting photos for both of my books (Jurupa and Rubidoux) people shared with me several photos of a big snow storm that struck in either 1948 or 1949 (I heard both dates). I was given three photos, two from the Rubidoux area and one taken in Mira Loma. Snow absolutely covered the ground! One photo showed a group of children standing in the snow, waiting for the bus from Union Joint School to pick them up. They look so cold! All the girls are in dresses and bobby socks! I am surprised they didn't have a snow day. I am sure the snow melted in just a day or so, and that is the best kind of snow to have!  

No comments:

Post a Comment