Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crestmore Heights

I like to try to keep my blog posts well rounded - I want to include every community in the Jurupa area in this Jurupa History blog. So, without further adieu, I present Crestmore Heights! This small community is located right on the county line with San Bernardino. The community of Crestmore is located just across the county line and was named after the 1907 Crestmore subdivision. In 1926 Irvine and May Keith Biggar filed  a subdivision map in the hills above Crestmore and called it Biggar's Crestmore Heights. (Irvine and May Keith? I think I better go back and make sure those names are correct!)

To reach Crestmore Heights, just go all the way out Rubidoux Boulevard and, there on the left, just before you reach the county line, is Crestmore Heights. Some of the houses in that area are quite old and I have some pictures of them in my Rubidoux book.

No comments:

Post a Comment