Sunday, July 3, 2011

Making Jurupa History, Part II

Yeah, we officially became a city as of 12:01 a.m., July 1st! What a great feeling knowing Jurupa Valley controls its own destiny now! All kinds of activities have been happening, the most important being the swearing in of our city council at their very first official city council meeting which was held on July 1st in the Patriot High School auditorium. Laura Roughton, Verne Lauritzen, Mike Goodland, Frank Johnston, and Brad Hancock will go down in history as our very first city council. They are all very nice people and I look forward to good things with them at the helm!

Yesterday my husband and I braved the heat and enjoyed the parade. I always get a lump in my throat when I see something so typical of small town America happening right before my very eyes! I really enjoyed the cheer leaders, the band, the horses, the cars, and even the dump truck and the sewer pumper! It has been a great weekend to begin this new chapter in the history of Jurupa Valley.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment