Saturday, July 9, 2011

Do You Remember A&W Root Beer?

At the corner of Mission Boulevard and Opal Street is a little fast food place called "Joyce Burger." When my kids were in high school they loved to go with their friends to Joyce Burger when school got out early. In fifty years, they will be saying "Remember Joyce Burger?" That little building has an older history, however. When I was a kid it was A&W Root Beer! We didn't eat out a lot but occasionally my mother would get a break from the kitchen and we would pick up dinner from the A&W. I always got a kick out of the fact that it had Papa burgers, Mama burgers, Teen burgers, and Baby burgers. Usually my Dad got a Papa burger, my mother got a Mama burger and I got a Baby burger. I don't remember what my brother got, but since he was a teen age boy I doubt he got the Teen burger, he probably wanted the Papa burger like my dad! I will have to ask him....

No comments:

Post a Comment