Saturday, April 7, 2012

Funny Things Found While Writing Wicked Jurupa Valley, Part II

So, I was doing research, minding my own business, when I come across a story of manslaughter and mistresses, oh my! One of the things that I found amazing is that this story of questionable goings on occurred at a place called the Jurupa Rancho. I had never heard of it!!!! Yet, in newspaper stories of the time (1948-49) this Jurupa Rancho had a house that was considered quite the place! According to the newspaper, the house on the Jurupa Rancho had "long been regarded as one of the show spots of Riverside County." This house is still located on Pedley Road near the 60 Freeway. I can't wait for all of you to read the story of this murder trial, one that was considered to be the the most sensational since the Wineville Chicken Coop murders.   

No comments:

Post a Comment