Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eastvale and Riverdale Acres History with Loren

One of the most delightful things about researching and writing about local history are the people I get to meet along the way. Some I have known a long time and some I have met more recently, but they are always generous people who share their time, their memories, and their talents with me. One of my more recent  local history acquaintances is Loren Meissner. Loren grew up in Riverdale Acres which was in the Eastvale School District, now part of the Corona/Norco School District. As such, Loren has an interest in the history of the Eastvale School and, by extension, Eastvale. I think, maybe just maybe, he feels I have the research into the history of Jurupa Valley somewhat under control, but he wants to get his generation's memories of Eastvale and Eastvale School recorded before they are all gone.  Loren has a website where he has put some of his memories as well as a few pictures. Keep in mind, Loren actually grew up in what is now Jurupa Valley. He just went to school in what is now Eastvale. Unfortunately, Loren doesn't live around here, he lives up north, but we go through spurts when we email each other ALOT! That is happening right now, as a matter of fact. Loren kindly made the rancho lines map that was in my last post. Below is his website, because, if you are looking at my website I know you will want to look at his!!!  

http://meiszen.net/eastvale/river_walks.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment